This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Yummy Lentil Tacos

I am always trying to find new and exciting ways to cook beans. We only eat meat as our protein source 2x a week, so I count on the bean department for that most days. I came across this recipe the other day, and like I do with everything I cook, I made this my own. Swap a little of this for a little of that kinda thing. This was what we had for dinner last night and boy was it delicious.


     Lentil Tacos

2 cups dried lentils ( 1 bag)
1 small onion diced
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
2 garlic cloves minced
4 tsp cumin
5 cups water
salt to taste


Add all ingredients to pan and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low for 30 min. Stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and uncover. Allow to sit a few minutes to thicken. I served this with some rice. We had this on soft taco shells with our favorite toppings. Cheese, salsa, sour cream, whatever you enjoy. This does make a big batch and is great for leftovers. We will be using the leftovers on top of a big salad for lunch today. Simple to make.Chemical free.Easy on the budget. Sounds perfect to me. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment