This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chug-a-lug!

One of the biggest keys to losing weight and getting healthy is actually very simple to follow. It is something that is easy to do, doesn't cost much, and is essential for your body. I am talking about drinking water. Since your body is made up of mostly water it makes sense that you need to drink lots of it to keep everything working properly. You skin needs it to stay hydrated. Your organs need it to keep things pumping, flowing , and running smoothly. I think the greatest benefit to drinking water is that it flushes out toxins and fat. With the toxins out of the way, your body can work more efficiently like the great machine it was created to be.

I had a trainer one time that told me if people would just drink enough water they would start to lose weight immediately. Your body doesn't have to go into freak out mode and retain fluid out of fear of a shortage. She told me that everyone needs to drink half of their body weight in fluid ounces of water. So if you weigh 100 pounds you need to drink 50 fluid ounce of water a day. Now I know what your thinking. You're thinking "Karen if I drink that much water a day I am going to float away"... My response to that would be, "Yes you are!!!" You will be floating toxic chemicals and waste out of your body which is good no matter how you look at it. Yes , you will find yourself running to the bathroom every 5 minutes for a short time, but once your body is convinced that there is not a shortage, and speeds up the process of dealing with the fluid,you will not have to go so frequently. I promise you that it will be worth it if you can stick to it for a week.

Another question that I know your dying to ask is, "How in the name of all that is good in the world, am I supposed to drink that much water in one day?" The simple answer is one sip at a time. You need to make sure you have a good spill-proof water bottle that is easy to carry with you everywhere you go. Find out how many bottles you need to drink to meet your quota for the day, and then keep it to sip on at all times with you. Do this and it is really not too hard to meet your goal. One word of caution, try to get all your water done at least an hour before bed time or you will regret it. This is experience speaking.

So this is the first and possibly easiest tip to start you on your journey to better health.Go get a bottle of water and start chugging!


No comments:

Post a Comment