This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Health Experiment Day Eight

One thing I came to realize on my shopping trip yesterday was how important it is to read the labels. This is something I know is imperative to my health, but sometimes I do get lazy about it. During these 30 days I absolutely must keep all my food chemical-free so I can really figure out what foods have a negative impact on me. A few examples that I found was olive oil that had corn oil in it. I found some kalamata olives that had an ingredients label half the size of the jar.


My biggest shocker was the shredded coconut. It had propylene glycol in it. Unless my dried coconut is in danger of freezing I see no reason why antifreeze needs to be added to it. I really don’t understand why dangerous chemicals need to be added to our food.


The only way to be safe is to know what is in your food. You have to read the label. I once heard that if a  8 year old can’t read the label then you probably don’t want to eat it. Be informed about you eat.

I know for me personally my health depends on reading the labels and knowing what each ingredient is. I am very chemical sensitive and it doesn't take much of the wrong one to trigger a major migraine or severe stomach discomfort. Know what it is that you're putting into your body. After all your health is way too important to not protect.


Breakfast
Veggie omelet with raspberries






Lunch
acorn squash (roasted whole)







Dinner
ground turkey with sauce
zucchini
spaghetti squash

For more information on this experiment, go to the introduction here!

No comments:

Post a Comment