This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Health Experiment Day Nineteen

It is kinda hard to believe that we are almost done with this 30 days. With just 11 days left I am starting to think about the reintroduction of the foods we eliminated and how best to see what has a negative effect.


While I was reading up on the process I kept coming across the same phrase in all the forums: I am afraid to.  How many times have we felt fear stop us from doing something? I am definitely the first one to raise my hand. Fear of heights, fear of water, fear of snakes, fear of spiders.


We all have fears that we deal with on a constant basis, but the question is how are you going to deal with that fear? Are you gonna let it paralyze and cripple you? Are you gonna just not try new things because hey you never know I might be afraid of it.


I know in my life I have had a fear of driving more than 15  or 20 minutes away from my house. I know that sounds crazy but when you have had IBS for years you really have to plan a trip with all the bathrooms routed out. The Bible says that fear has torment. Man ain’t that the truth.


Fear has a way of slowly taking control of different areas and before you even realize it has gotten it’s hooks in a few more. It is really like a slow growing cancer. You have a choice to make; are you gonna sit back and let fear keep gaining more ground in your life or are you going to draw a line in the sand?

We really need to start taking the control in our lives back. Stop giving it away to something that is only going to strengthen the cage around us! The Bible also says, ”God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound  mind." Look at all those tools you get back in your life: Power, love, a sound mind. I can’t tell you how to stand up to fear. I think every individual person has to find their own way on that one but I can tell you that it’s something you’ve gotta start doing! Start pushing on the cage a little bit. You might just be surprised by how flimsy and loose it really is!



Breakfast
Spinach omelet
strawberries








Lunch
leftover tandoori chicken
½ avocado
raw sugar snap peas












Dinner

For more information, check out my introduction here!

No comments:

Post a Comment