This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Health Experiment Day Seven

Today was my big weekly grocery shopping excursion. I am not a big fan of shopping of any kind, but the family seems to like to eat on a constant basis. So I did what all good moms do and braved the early morning shopping rush. Spent my $160 for the week and shall hope I have to buy nothing else. This week looks like a lot of ground turkey and chicken meals since the price of beef (even the on-sale stuff) is just way too expensive to be economical. The best deals I found were on eggs, potatoes, squash, and cauliflower. I will be using some of the chicken and fruit that we have stocked up in the freezer. After all the shopping was done I got all my squash roasted and the seeds roasted as well. I also made a huge pot of vegetable soup for dinner that was so good and simple.


Breakfast
veggie omelets with raspberries





Lunch
salmon seasoned with Canadian steak seasoning
mashed potato
green beans





Dinner

For more information about this challenge, check out my introduction here!
Here is this week's grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment