This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Health Experiment Day Twelve

Today was another good day. It is a good feeling to know that I am on the right path and to realize that I am doing it. I am fulfilling my daily goals and getting a little bit healthier every day!

Goals are such an important thing to have but you need to realize that they will either help you sink or swim. It is great to have a big end goal whether it be a certain size in clothes or a number on a scale. Goals are what make your dream attainable!

But like anything else worth having, a goal needs to have clear steps laid out to reach it. If it doesn’t take sacrifice and hard work on your end, then you probably didn't set a high enough goal. On the flip side if you set a goal that causes you distress and heartache then you might have over shot or mislabeled your goal. Your end goal needs to be something you can actually do!

You need to have baby steps in place. I have found that setting daily and weekly goals are a good way to stay on track. For example one of my goals is to get my yoga and a walk in at least 5 times a week. Definitely something doable and will eventually get me to my end goal.

Completing this 30 days is another goal. That may not sound like a long time but let’s be real, after week 1 you start to think can I really do this 3 more weeks? The answer is, yes, I can do this! I can’t focus on the goal of 30 days I instead need to take it 1 day at a time. Plan my 3 meals for the day and stick to that plan. Is this easy? Heck no! But sometimes some of the best things in life take time, dedication, and hard work to complete. In the end I will be that sexy confident woman I want to be. In the meantime I am a work in progress completing one goal at a time.

Breakfast
veggie omelet
raspberries

Lunch
salad with avocado, blueberries, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinegar, and s/p






Dinner
salsa chicken (chicken with salsa on top)
fried potato
green beans







For more on this experiment, go to my intro here!

No comments:

Post a Comment