This blog is my story. My journey to better health. A place to write my thoughts, share my ideas about health, and give tips on losing weight and keeping it off.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Health Experiment Day Seventeen

Today was back to normal--very nice to get back to after a few days of craziness. As I was looking back at these past few days and wondering how we managed to stay on plan, the one thing I noticed was that I had a plan! I was not going to allow a lack of plan to throw me off track.

I had several different veggie choices already prepped in the fridge and, since my oldest son is becoming a good cook, he was able to make the fill in parts of the meals while we tended to other things.

When you know that you're not going to be home for several hours and don’t have a easy-to-finish meal laid out you will convince yourself that just this once it is ok to get something not so healthy. After all, you have stuck to your challenge religiously up to this point so what harm can one meal do?

The answer is very simple. A lot. You have gotten your body to the place where it is healing itself! Your are getting all the toxic buildup out of your fat cells and starting to restore your organs and tissue. Your body is finally working the way God designed and created it to work!

Then your lack of planning becomes a hunger emergency and you add chemical-laden food to this clean body. Your body now has to stop all the rejuvenating and healing it has been doing and deal with all the crap you just put in it.

After all we know that a hamburger is not just a hamburger; it needs fries. And fries are salty so you need a cold drink to wash it down; why not a cold soda? Well geeze I already blew it by having this fast food so I might as well just add a dessert now and then get back on track tomorrow.

Well, yes you can get back on track, but if you’d already had a meal ready to go, you would have never had to go that route in the first place. Your little food emergency has set your body back a few days so it can clean out all the chemicals you added to it during that moment of hunger. Was it worth it? Only you can decide that. Life is always full of unexpected things so why not plan ahead for that  and have a meal on standby for when that moment does hit?

Breakfast
Spinach omelet
triple berries

Lunch
leftover chicken stir fry






Dinner









For more information on this experiment, check out my introduction here!

No comments:

Post a Comment